At Munksjö, we are strongly committed to the sustainable development of our business activities; it is a central component of our strategy and critical to future success. We adhere to the principles of the UN Global Compact and aim to align with the relevant UN Sustainable Development Goals. For us, sustainable development encompasses three interconnected categories: social responsibility, environmental stewardship and economic resilience. At Munksjö, we aim to continuously reduce our impact on the environment and make a positive contribution to society. As part of a resource intensive industry, we take responsibility for conducting our business in a safe and sustainable manner.
- Respect fundamental human rights in our activities and expect the same from our suppliers.
- Have a positive impact in the community by creating safe and inclusive work environments where all employees are given fair treatment and equal opportunity.
- Conduct operations in a manner that meets highest environmental standards and ensure that the origins of our raw materials are in full compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Create and maintain a sustainable supply chain by designing products and manufacturing processes that use energy and raw materials more efficiently to minimize waste.
- Ensure that our input raw materials are responsibly sourced and our wood and pulp sourcing practices promote sustainable forestry practices.
- Minimize our contribution to climate change by decreasing our CO2 emissions and our dependency on fossil fuels.
- Reduce our water consumption and lower industrial emissions to natural basins of water and to air.
- Support our long term growth by increasing our offering of sustainable products, services and solutions.
- Conduct our business ethically and responsibly in the local and global communities. Uphold a zero tolerance towards bribery and corruption.
- Act as a responsible employer and provide fair remuneration to our employees.
At Munksjö, we are committed to having open dialogues with our stakeholders to better communicate our goals as a company and as a member of the community. Directed by the SVP of Sustainability, we will set clear targets, follow up and report publically on our sustainability efforts with particular emphasis on evaluating the potential risks of our products and operations.
Sustainability is integrated throughout our company policies; all employees contribute to and enable us to reach our goals. The SVP of Sustainability oversees all sustainability efforts and reports to Senior Management Team every quarter.